What does it take to ice the competition for a prestigious incentive travel industry award coveted by many, won by only a select few?
Perhaps some things you’d expect, and others you wouldn’t… not in your wildest dreams quite likely (keep reading, we’ll get to it).
All things being equal, a winning incentive travel program will include these expected and essential components:
- A sought-after, incentive-worthy destination like Barcelona, Spain. Check.
- A luxe hotel, like the five-star Hotel Arts Barcelona on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. Certainly.
- Mouth-watering Catalonian cuisine prepared by celebrity chef Sergi Arola. But of course.
- Entertainment by Diego Cortes, considered one of the world’s best guitarists. You bet.
- A dimly lit gala dinner that suddenly explodes in light and sound as the National Flamenco dancers take the stage. Absolutely.
But what happens when outside factors threaten to derail the whole thing?